<$BlogRSDURL$>

June 02, 2004

Hiding Stuff, Part 1

Those Pesky Errors
I don't like errors cluttering up my workbooks so I thought I would mention a way to get them out of sight and out of mind. (Turning my computer off is not an option!)

Here's a quick way using Conditional Formatting. Assuming the error I want to hide is in cell A1, I enter the formula shown below and format using a white font. It will hide errors but not normal imput (numbers or text).



Those Pesky Zeros
These aren't as bad as errors but can still be an eyesore (then again they can be very useful depending on what you are doing). You could use Conditional Formatting to do this but the easiest way is to open up the Options dialog box and select the View tab, then untick the Zero Values checkbox. They're history!



Hiding Everything?
There are many ways to do this. Probably the easiest way is using white as your Font Color thoughout the Worksheet or Workbook, but next time I'll look at a more selective way to only hide what you want to.

Other tips are always welcome!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?